3. DELIVERY - *Covid-19 UPDATE BELOW PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
3.1 Delivery charges
Normal delivery charges are per delivery for any number of items.
- Standard Delivery - £35.00 (3-6 working days)* lead times may vary during busier periods
- South Scotland - £70.00 (up to 10 working days)
- Central Scotland - £90.00 (up to 10 working days)
- Anglesey - £50.00 (up to 10 working days)
- Postcode areas TR, SA, LL - £50 (up to 10 working days)
- North Scotland/Highlands - Subject to confirmation before order is placed
- Upstands - £15 (any number of Upstands
Important: We do not deliver to Northern Ireland, The British Isles and Scottish Islands.
3.2 Delivery times
We will advise you at the time of order of approximate delivery lead-times and stock availability. Our general guidelines are that delivery will happen within 2-5 working days of placing your order but these lead times could vary if your order requires bespoke cutting service, oiling etc. Delivery lead times to Scotland, Anglesey, TR and SA post codes may take slightly longer.
You will be notified by text and e-mail of your upcoming delivery date at least 24h in advance.
It is very important that we are able to get in touch with customers in order to confirm the delivery arrangements therefore providing your best contact number is essential.
Upon request our drivers can give you a courtesy call on the day up to 1h prior to arrival.
3.3 Worktops deliveries are usually made by a 2 driver crew (for updated delivery protocols, please read our Covid-19 Update at the bottom of this page)
3.4 Where worktop deliveries are made by one man only the below terms apply
• Due to insurance guidelines and health and safety regulations all deliveries are made to the nearest ground floor access point. The customer agrees to ensure, that someone competent and able bodied will be available to help with the unloading of the goods as these can be extremely heavy. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the designated helper is fit / suitably strong to help with the delivery. The Company will accordingly not accept any liability for any injury arising from any delivery.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the unloading area and drop off point are suitable. The Company cannot be held liable for any injury to persons unloading the delivery no matter how caused.
Where possible the drivers will use appropriate lifting and carrying equipment to aid the delivery process.
Special requests may occasionally be accommodated, please contact us to request further information.
• Where the Company informs the Customer that the worktops are particularly heavy and require multiple helpers, it is the Customer's responsibility to provide the correct number of suitable helpers to help carry the worktop.
• In order to provide good customer service, drivers are permitted to help carry worktops into a Customer's house, but this is on the strict understanding that neither The Company nor the delivery driver have any liability whatsoever in attempting to help the Customer. This help is given at the discretion of the driver and forms no part of the contracted delivery service.
• Transfer of liability for the worktop passes to the Customer once the worktop is safely out of the delivery vehicle. The Company will not accept any liability for damage to the worktop, the Customer's property, or any personal injury to the Customer or any third party once removed from the vehicle.
• As deliveries can be made by a large van, it is assumed that the delivery address will be accessible. If there is likely to be a problem, e.g. the road is subject to a vehicle weight or width limit or any other restrictions apply please inform us at the time of order.
3.5 Missed Deliveries
All deliveries require a signature from a responsible person who is 18 or over.
If a courier/driver arrives at your address and is unable to deliver on the arranged delivery date because you are not there or you do not have the help required to off load the stock, or delivery is not possible due to lack of access or offloading space or any other restrictions you will be liable for the re-delivery charge.
3.6 Reporting Damages
Every effort is made to ensure that your goods are delivered in perfect condition. Please inspect your goods immediately upon delivery in the presence of the delivery driver. Any missing or damaged items should be reported to us within 48 hours and the good should be signed for as “damaged” or “missing” on the delivery note. Goods refused on delivery that are found to be undamaged on return to us will incur a return charge. No claims for damage / discrepancies can be made by the Customer after installation, as installation of our materials constitutes acceptance of the product in its current state. Similarly, we will not accept any claims for damages / discrepancies once the Customer has performed any work on the worktops, including cutting, shaping, finishing or oiling.
Any work carried out on the worktops constitutes immediate acceptance of the worktops.
3.7 Delayed Deliveries
No liability can be accepted for costs or losses caused by delayed deliveries. Although we always aim to deliver the goods within the agreed time frame occasionally due to matters out of our control deliveries could take slightly longer than anticipated. In such circumstances you will always be kept informed of the progress of your delivery and we guarantee that delivery will always happen within an acceptable time limit. However, we strongly advise all clients against booking of tradesmen for installations or removing existing fixtures and fittings until goods have been received in a satisfactory condition. Our team is always available to answer any questions related to deliveries and update you on the status of your order.
3.8 After Delivery
Wood is a natural product that can be affected by heat and humidity. In order to avoid bowing or warping of the worktops please read our Storage Guide below. We strongly advise you to read our 2 guides on our "Worktop Care and Maintenance" page where you will find further advice and some very useful tips on worktop aftercare.
We recommend that all worktops are oiled immediately upon receipt. Installation should be carried out as soon as possible after delivery. However, if storage is necessary the worktops must be laid flat and fully supported in their original packaging. Multiple items should be separated by battens or bearers to allow for air circulation. We strongly advise against prolonged storage as even if customers take precautions, it is not unlikely for wooden worktops to bow or warp.
Worktops must be stored indoors (not in garages or outbuildings), away from extreme heat (radiators etc) and far away from any recently plastered OR painted areas. Do not store worktops vertically or on edges.
Your worktops are dispatched in sound condition and appropriate packaging it is your responsibility to store and maintain worktops correctly.
*COVID-19 UPDATE / 04 NOVEMBER 2020
1) VISITORS TO OUR PREMISES
Under the new government guidelines, we have put in place measures, which ensure our customers’ and staff’s health and safety.
Visitors are no longer permitted to visit our premises in The I O Centre , Stevenage unless collecting already pre-paid orders.
All collections will have to be pre-arranged with a minimum of 24h notice and a slot booked. This is to reduce the likelihood of having visitors from more than one household being on the premises at the same time.
All collections of standard items will have to be paid for in advance and arranged with a minimum of 24h notice. Collections will also have to be booked for a specific date and time to avoid interaction with other customers and to limit the time spent on the premises.
- Deliveries will continue as normal with an updated Covid protocol for our drivers.
- Deliveries will be done by a 2 driver crew in order to reduce interaction between staff and customers to a minimum.
- All drivers will wear face masks and gloves during deliveries.
- All drivers will be supplied with hand sanitizers.
- With the customers’ permission drivers can deliver the goods to their premises. This will strictly be done to the nearest ground floor access point.
- We ask all customers to make sure that they are prepared to accept their deliveries and that there is enough space for the goods to be safely dropped off.
Very occasionally a 2 driver crew may not be available. In these instances, our customers will be informed of the delivery arrangements separately.
All customers will be contacted at least 24h in advance to be informed of their upcoming deliveries.
We ask all customers to inform us of any potential problems or of any special requirements prior to the goods being dispatched.
Our staff and customers’ health is our priority – stay safe.
Wood Worktops Co
If you have any queries regarding delivery please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org before placing your order online.