Solid Wood Worktops Info
We supply top quality wooden worktops in a variety of woods
can offer you the highest quality service, delivery and of course
great prices. We are trade suppliers as well as retail so we can
produce our solid wood worktops to the highest standards but also manage to
keep our prices very LOW, which is all good news for you!
All you need to do is decide which type of wood you want. Ordering is simple, either online or on the phone. Fitting accessories are available too and don't forget that we also have a bespoke cutting service:
- All of our Wooden Worktops are supplied untreated with square edges and corners (unless otherwise specified)
- All Wooden Worktops are made from "Staves" which are solid wooden blocks / planks which can vary in length and width. These range from 25mm wide staves, 40mm wide staves, 80mm wide staves, 80-120mm wide full length staves
WOODEN WORKTOPS TYPES AND STYLES
1. Standard 40mm Stave Worktops
These wrotkops are made form 40mm wide blocks with variable lengths. They are the most popular and most common type of wooden worktop because of their excellent value for money, great durability and attarctive "brick pattern" design. They are produced using "finger joint" technology whereby the short edns of the blocks are connected to each other via V grooved joints. These worktops are available in almost all wood types.
Thicknesses available: 22mm, 27mm, 40mm
2. Delux 80mm Stave Worktops / Wide Stave Worktops
These wrotkops are made form 80mm wide blocks with variable lengths. They have a similar construction and pattern to the 40mm stave worktops but the blocks / planks which are used are wider and longer. The appearance therefore is less "cluttered" offering the sense of more continuous grain patterns and less "manufactured", more natural look. They are produced using "finger joint" technology whereby the short edns of the blocks are connected to each other via V grooved joints.
These worktops are available in Oak and acsaionally in some other wood types.
Thicknesses available: 40mm
3. Full Stave Worktops
Full stave worktops, with wide, long planks are the most luxurious viriety of wooden worktop we offer. These worktops are made form continuos planks of timber running for the full length of the worktop. These worktops offer the most natural look and feel as it gives the impression of a single piece of wood. The width of the planks we use varies between 80mm-120mm on average but could be as wide as 160mm-200mm. Full stave wooden worktops are available in most timber types in thickness of 38mm.
In Oak and American Walnut we also offer Full satve worktops in 27mm thickness.
Our range of full stave wooden worktops is the most extensive on the UK market in terms of variety and size availability - being offered in lengths starting ay 0.6m and every foot up to 4.2m in length. This allows our customers to buy their full stave worktops with minimal wastage and also avoid joints where there are longer runs of kitchen units.
As part of our extended range of full stave wooden worktops we now offer a range of 18 thick worktops / furniture panels in American Oak.
4. End Grain Oak Worktops
End grain butcher block worktops are created by fusing together the end pieces of wood staves into a checkerboard pattern. The end grain of the wood is considered the strongest and most durable part of it. It has a particularly warm look and feel, is naturally anti-bacterial and is incredibly strong and durable. These end grain tops could be used on their own or in addition to materials such as granite and quartz to soften the look of your kitchen with its unique patterns.
Our Oak butcher block worktops come in 2 standard thicknesses - 50mm and 80mm.
- Most items are in stock for collection or delivery within 3-5 working days
- Matching upstands are available in almost all wood varieties
- Worktops are sanded to 150 grit and ready to oil with a suitable oil (e.g. Danish oil)
- WoodWorktops offers a complete bespoke cutting service (Worktop cutting)
- Free wood samples available
- Read our worktop care guide to ensure they stay looking great
- See why oak is a classic worktop choice - read article here